Every organization is guided by its values. In the final analysis, then, what an organization values most is seen in its products.
Often, however, organizations are not clear on their values. No one seems to be interested in making them known or making them “work.” Values frequently seem to come and go, change or disappear, become insignificant or lose their importance, are no longer “politically correct” or are diluted depending because leaders refuse to be bold and sake a stand for what is right and just and fair and honest. Frequently those entrusted with “managing” the quality of the “products” lose their commitment to maintain the integrity of the organization and its values are no longer important or transferred to its products.
Strange as it may seem to some GBC has a very special “product.” Our “product” is to “train disciples, who in turn will make other disciples.” And we will not produce God-honoring, Christ-exalting and Spirit-filled disciples unless our values clearly defined and carefully specified for all to know, understand, accept and follow at every level in the Institute.
For several months I have invested many hours, along with several faculty members and students, to carefully clarify our values In other words WHAT MATTERS MOST . Stated below are those matters which will guide us and guard us and give us direction as we enable, equip and empower His disciples to make other disciples.
What matters at GBI?
- SCRIPTURE MATTERS: “All Scripture is inspired of God and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” (2 Timothy 3:16)
WHY SCRIPTURE MATTERS: Without compromise or question we recognize and accept the authority of Scripture as inerrant, inspired an infallible. The Word of God is the foundation for all instruction. We are committed to train men and women for Christian ministry and service who worship God, know God’s Word, love God’s people and share God’s message.
2. SALVATION MATTERS “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life!” (John 3:16)
WHY SALVATION MATTERS: After the fall God’s mission and message was to reclaim His creation through His Son. To do this, He sent His Son, Jesus, to rescues us from a life of sin and rebellion toward God. God has revealed His plan of salvation to the world through Jesus Christ, Savior and Lord.
3. SURRENDER MATTERS: “Therefore, I urge you brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God – this is your true and proper worship. “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind…”(Romans 12:1, 2).
WHY SURRENDER MATTERS: A life completely devoted to God is essential for Christian ministry. Surrender means living a life under the authority of God in all areas of our lives. We believe this occurs when we submit to the leadership and Lordship of Jesus Christ and the authority of His Word for our lives.
4. STUDENTS MATTER: “So Christ Himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers to equip His people for works of service so that the body of Christ may be built up.” (Ephesians 4:11).
WHY STUDENTS MATTER: Students are the reason GBC exists. We exist to train “disciples who will make disciples.” Therefore, we count it a privilege to walk alongside them, love them, help them, mentor them, support them and encourage them as they develop their understanding of Scripture to discipleothers.
5. STUDIES MATTER: “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:16)
WHY STUDIES MATTER: We believe that the informed disciple will bring glory and honor to the Lord. We are committed to a pursuit of the whole counsel of Scripture to serve as the guide for our lives and the foundation of our faith.
6. SERVICE MATTERS: “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations…and surely I am with you always , to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28: 18-20).
WHY SERVICE MATTERS: Our faculty and students are committed to serving the Lord through the local church. Many of them are pastors, associate pastors, youth leaders and teachers as well as key lay-leaders. in the churches they represent. Our program of studies includes a ministry service program that requires student to be involved in ministry, keep a record of it which becomes a part of their permanent transcript and is required for graduation.
7. HOWEVER, JESUS CHRIST MATTERS MOST! “Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him a name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father!” (Philippians 2:9-11).
WHY JESUS CHRIST MATTERS: “So that in everything He might have the preeminence” (Colossians 1:18b.). Jesus Christ is the clearest revelation of God’s love for the world and us as His people. He is the object of our devotion and the motivation for living out our faith.
Pray earnestly with us and for us that our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ, will always have His rightful place at the very center of all that we do for Him, with Him, through Him.and because of Him. And to Him be all the glory and honor forever. AMEN!
Larry Guido, President